Volunteer with Bridges
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Bridges International (BI). Opportunities vary by facility to best meet the needs of the men and women we serve. The following steps will help get you started with the process.
- View volunteer vacancies and complete an application on Volunteer Match.
- We will email you to confirm receipt of your Volunteer Match application.
- Within five business days of BI receiving your application, you will receive an email or phone call from a staff member at your desired volunteer location, in which you will discuss the types of service you would like to provide and if we have a need for the service on the day(s) you are available.
- If we have a need for the volunteer service you would like to provide, the Chaplain will work with you to process your Florida Department of Corrections (FLDOC) volunteer application. It may take up to six weeks for FLDOC to approve your application and background check. FLDOC has the right to refuse volunteer applicants for any reason.
- The Chaplain will notify you if your application has been approved, at which point you will go through orientation and begin volunteering.