Bridges International Chaplaincy Services embraces a holistic approach to recovery and accommodates the mental (emotional, cognitive), physical, social, and spiritual needs of the persons served. Chaplains deliver, monitor, and facilitate a broad range of religious services that provide opportunities for all client/inmates to pursue individual religious beliefs and practices of their own choosing in a manner that is consistent with the security and good order of the facility.
As professionally trained and formally designated faith leaders, chaplains are responsible for the following:
- Developing religious programs for inmate/clients.
- Coordinating all religious activities that take place within the facility.
- Providing pastoral counseling and spiritual guidance upon request to those client/inmates of the chaplain’s faith group.
- Assisting any client/inmate with special requests for religious literature, sacred items, holy day observances, dietary needs, or access to an officially credentialed spiritual advisor.
- Providing guidance to facility directors on any matters of faith expression.
- Collaborating with the clinical team by responding to any direct referrals for counseling and/or treatment options.
- Assuming the lead role in delivering emergency notifications and assisting with any related crisis counseling.