Bridges International Chaplaincy Services
Bridges International Chaplaincy Services embraces a holistic approach to recovery and accommodates the mental (emotional, cognitive), physical, social, and spiritual needs of the persons served. Chaplains deliver, monitor, and facilitate a broad range of religious services that provide opportunities for all client/inmates to pursue individual religious beliefs and practices of their own choosing in a manner that is consistent with the security and good order of the facility.
Furthermore, religion can be a significant agent of change for many individuals. Thus, chaplains serve as critical staff members that assist client/inmates who choose this path to enhance their knowledge of and commitment to the beliefs and practices of their faith. At the same time, chaplains work in collaboration with other clinical staff in support of formal treatment programs within the four-dimensional model.
As a professionally trained and formally designated faith leader, chaplains are responsible for the following:
- Developing religious programs for inmate/clients.
- Coordinating all religious activities that take place within the facility.
- Providing pastoral counseling and spiritual guidance upon request to those client/inmates of the chaplain’s faith group.
- Assisting any client/inmate with special requests for religious literature, sacred items, holy day observances, dietary needs, or access to an officially credentialed spiritual advisor.
- Providing guidance to facility directors on any matters of faith expression.
- Collaborating with the clinical team by responding to any direct referrals for counseling and/or treatment options.
- Assuming the lead role in delivering emergency notifications and assisting with any related crisis counseling.
- Serving in a pastoral role to any staff member requesting their counsel.